At the VBS workshop, during the usual conversation, the topic of one of Jennifer's latest blog posts came up. She had expressed her little 'OCD' habits.
You know, like getting up several times to check a locked door before you can sleep, always doing something an even number of times or avoiding white vans (now that's weird).
Everyone giggled the usual, 'you are so weird' giggle and rolled their eyes with that 'are they for real' look on their faces. Then I started to think.....We are all weird. We all have those little things that make us who we are.
So,I am going to list 10 (not) weird things about me.
1. I iron almost everything! I hate wrinkles!
2. I never drink form the rim of a glass at a restaurant, I have to have a straw.
3. When I use a fork, all of the prongs must be bent the same way, or I will bend them till they are.
4. After eating at a restaurant, I have to pile everything on the plates, utensils, napkins, etc.
5. All my towels in the linen closet have to face the same direction.
6. I can't sleep with the door un-locked.
7. I doodle words while I am on the phone, I have to finish the entire word before I can hang up.
8. I hate white vans and have a tendency to avoid them .
9. I like when digital clocks read numbers like 12:34, 11:11, or maybe even the date.
10. I can't think of anymore, but I want to end on an even number :)
Whew....that was hard!
I tag Mindy, Jennifer, Amy & Crunchy Christian Mom....but only if you want too!
5 comments:
Sure is good to caught up with you on your blog. It is so interesting. Hope to see ya'll soon.
I felt like you were writing my quirks, you know the ones I did not mention. Except for the ironing and the clock thing. I also have to have even anything. I know that I am weird, I admit it ;)
Funny you mentioned 12:34. Brian and I were just talking about this the other day. It seems to happen OFTEN for me to see this.-- and for some reason it gives me an eery feeling each time.
You already mentioned one of my "quirks", the whole having to put everything on plates at a restaurant. I just can't stand to sit there with garbage on the table. Another one is I have to have John's right leg under my legs for me to be able to go to sleep. Now this is quite difficult because he sleeps on the right side of the bed. This means he has to lay on his right side and put his bottom leg out so I can put mine on his. Yeah, it's crazy and it took him a long time to get used to it, but now he doesn't even notice it.
I saw the name of this post in your blog archive list and had to check it out (mostly because I am weird..lol). Isn't it funny how most of us have such a tendency toward looking at others strangely when they tell of their "weirdnesses", when we know we have plenty of our own?
Great post!
Post a Comment