My niece (Kayce 7) and nephew (Caleb 5), have spent the week with us so they could come to our VBS. Since VBS has been going on all week, I have fallen behind on absolutely everything. I needed to get a lot done this morning before I go to meet Jason & Jessica to give the kids back.
So, I put the kids in their swim suits and let them swim while I start washing the truck. Before long they were all helping....(I wish they did that when I was doing laundry too!)
Here is a conversation I had with Caleb:
Here is a conversation I had with Caleb:
Caleb: What do you want me to do Aunt Tracy?
Me: Would you like to wash the wheels?
Caleb: Sure....I can do that.
(after finishing the wheels)
Caleb: Aunt Tracy, when you go to church everybody is gonna say,
"whoo whee, who cleaned those wheels? They are so shiny!"
Me: They are very shiny....you are doing a great job.
(After a few more minutes of washing on the truck)
Caleb: Aunt Tracy, can you believe I am doing all of this hard work for free?
Me: You are? You don't want me to pay you?
Caleb: No, I like hard work....but if you want me to catch snails, it will cost you a whole
bunch....`cuz they are dross (gross).
(His Grammy pays him to catch snails in her flower beds)
6 comments:
That's cute, kids are so honest.
I just found your blog at the Seller's blog and thought I would pop in and say Hi!
This kid was so funny. -when he didn't have his head down on the table! :o} You wore him out, Aunt Tracy!!
Anyway, he said some pretty funny stuff to me too.
Too cute!
Thanks for stoppin' by. You're welcome anytime :)
Thanks for stopping by. Did your kids learn the lesson? Are there other ways to teach them this lesson? That conversation made me laugh, I love how honest kids are.
Nice to meet you. I see you are in TN. Sure is hot out today. (this camp in GA and driving through, I was introduced to mugginess!!!)
Thanks for praying!!!
I'll check back in with ya!
Paying kids to get the snails off your flowers....that a fantastic idea! Grammy is a very smart lady!!
Thanks for stopping by...I loved looking over your blog as well. It's done very nicely!
Post a Comment