I was standing in the checkout line the other day....
pulling my coupon organizer out of my purse...when a
voice from behind me huffed and said,
Are you one of those people?"
One of those people?
What kind-of question was that?
pulling my coupon organizer out of my purse...when a
voice from behind me huffed and said,
Are you one of those people?"
One of those people?
What kind-of question was that?
So, I asked her....."One of what people?"
"You Know." she said..."One of those people who wait til
the last minute to dig up coupons and expect everyone behind
them to wait patiently so they can save 25 cents...If you need to save
the last minute to dig up coupons and expect everyone behind
them to wait patiently so they can save 25 cents...If you need to save
a quarter that bad then you don't have any business at Wal-Mart."
"No ma'am...I always have my coupons ready when I get
to the register." I replied.
"No ma'am...I always have my coupons ready when I get
to the register." I replied.
"Well...Good! It makes ,me so mad when I
get behind one of those people" she said in a hateful voice.
get behind one of those people" she said in a hateful voice.
"It makes me just want to scream at them for being so selfish
and making me wait! There just isn't any sense in it"
She mumbled on more & more & more the whole time I was
She mumbled on more & more & more the whole time I was
in front of her....I tried not to listen....(although if you were
within 15 feet of her you couldn't help but hear her complaining)
The sad thing was....she was wearing a shirt that read:
The sad thing was....she was wearing a shirt that read:
Proud Member of ----- --------- Church!
6 comments:
oh my goodness i cannot believe that... I just hope you didnt take up to much time with your coupons thats just rude.. lol
Be glad her shirt didn't say she was a proud member of YOUR church.
That's pathetic.
That's sad and I think we'd be surprised at the actions of many Christians today. I wonder what our society would be like if every Christian behaved like Jesus. What a different world that would be.
Blessings
Wow, I probably would have shown her the receipt, you know the one that shows your savings of more than she expected, and politely let her know how well worth making someone else wait is. I am sorry you had to deal with that.
We just need to pray for her:)
Love ya
Oh my. I'm thinking complaining becomes a habit and activity. Yikes! Great post.
I'm glad you are one of "those people". Way to be a good steward of your $.
Post a Comment