CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring is in the air!

I am so glad it's almost spring!
There are so many pretty spring/summer prints that I am
just itching to use. This same print I recently made as tops for 3 sisters sizes
12 mos. 3 T & 5T...they are going to wear them with denim capris!
Too cute!

I am still working on that tutorial....

Here are the measurements I use...in case you run across a
really cute print you just have to have.

3 months ~ 11"
6 months ~ 13"
12 months ~ 15"
18 months ~ 17"
2T ~ 19"
3T ~ 21"
4T ~ 23"
5T ~ 25"
6T ~ 27"

Add 3 inches to that length for hems. This tutorial will be for a
fully lined pillowcase dress/top. You will need to buy the same
amount in a coordinating color to use for the lining.

To make sure your measurements are just right...(especially for a top)
measure your sweetheart from the top of the shoulder to where you
would like the dress/top to hang.

Other materials you will need to have on hand:

Grosgrain Ribbon: 2 yards
(something that will match your fabric)
1 pkg. 1/4 inch wide elastic cord
Fray Check
(or a clear finger nail polish will do)

...and of'course the basics: matching thread, measuring tape,
scissors, iron....sewing machine ;o}...and a must have for me is spray
starch...it's not a necessity...but it sure makes life easier!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

That is so cute. I wish I had someone to make it for. My girls are all grown up.

SAYDA said...

Those dresses are so cute. I love them.

Sayda

Yvonne said...

I really like those little tops. They're great for spring!

Christy said...

I really can't wait for the tutorial.. I am going to have my mom in law do this with me she used to be a seemstress (?) anyway... I am SO EXCITED!

Christian said...

MUST. HAVE. TUTORIAL.