CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

I Think I Saw A Puppy!

Since mom & dad are coming home from texas tomorrow I thought
it would be nice for them to come home to a clean house....So
I packed up the kids and headed to KY this morning.

After we were finished cleaning, we headed home and
about 10 minutes down the interstate, Ethan insisted that I turn
around. He thought that he had seen a puppy in the median.
"Mom, it could be hurt, can we go get it?"

How do I say no to that?

Well...you don't....So, I turned around....
Sure enough...sitting in the median was this little brown puppy dog.

She was hurt and very thin. So I scooped her up....How hard could it
be to find help for this poor puppy? I drove to the nearest
gas station and asked for a phone book to call the Humane
Society. The clerk was nice, gave me the book and
tried to show me how to use the phone.
(he was not from the US)
After trying every possible number under animal shelter in the phone book I
decided to call the Sheriff's dept. The clerk suddenly jerked
the phone away from me and said I could call anyone but no
police...I said, "Why? It isn't long distance."...He said, "They
charge me to call them."
(Did I look that dumb?)

Anyway, the woman who answered said in an ever so sweet voice
that I would have been better off to have left the dog on the road
'cause no-one will be open til Monday....The State Trooper Office
told me basically the same thing.

Well, I was not bringing this dog home with me....no matter how
cute those big brown eyes were....and the fact that the kids had already
named her twice wasn't changing my mind either. ;o}

A couple of towns later, I stopped by the police station and
they got me in touch with a lady who takes in strays. Only
bad thing is....she lived in the town I just passed! In the state I just left!

Well, I will spare you all of the details but the trip home that should have
taken about 1 1/2 hours....ended up taking about 3 1/2.

It shouldn't be that hard to do the right thing!
So, tell me.....Would you have stopped and picked up the puppy?

9 comments:

On Purpose said...

This is a sweet adorable little puppy...and life is so much harder when we have our "little helpers" with us...

I am still laughing about the "they charge me to call them" comment!

Have an amazing Sunday with your Family!

Nina in Portugal said...

Yep, I would have stopped and that puppy would probably be in my house right now....so, I'm very glad it wasn't me (or my kids) that saw the puppy first!!)

I'm very proud of you...you did the right thing!

Suzanne said...

I would've stopped too...and then I'd have 4 dogs in my house. Better you than me..lol.

Hope the cute little thing is alright.

Susan said...

I would have stopped. We have two turtles in our pond that we got from roads after a rain.

We've also stopped for cats. Two of the cats ran away before we got them, but another one we found I took to a vet.

Good for you.

SAYDA said...

I would have stopped too. You are so sweet. I hope they find the puppy a good house.Poor little thing.
Sayda

LeeBird3 said...

I would have absolutely picked up the puppy...but my boys would have talked me into bringing it home because I'm a sucker! :)

I just saw you listed as one of Cindy's prayer warriers, so I thought I'd pop by and say hi.

Praying alongside you for our sweet girl! lee

Kristy... said...

YES, YES, YES, I would have stopped and picked up the puppy, and I probably would have taken it home.. .I am a sucker for that stuff.

SAYDA said...

Can't figure out how to vote, but we use The King James Version.
Sayda

Kristin said...

Ahh...it would be difficult to "say no" to the kiddos as far as "rescuing" the pup! I would probably not have...I know sounds cold. I give you a lot of credit for doing so! What a memory and and great example for your kids. BTW...good eye Ethan!!!