CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

* Just Like Lucy *


If I were to pick one person from a television program that best describes myself, I would pick Lucy. She always manages to get herself into some funny situations......situations that most people never even imagine in their wildest dreams.

For example: We have a Ford Excursion.....for those of you who aren't exactly sure what that is, it is the largest SUV on the market.....18 inches longer than the Suburban.....I can put one kid in each row of seats. :o) Anyway, It just so happens that it is about 6 inches shorter than our garage door. LOL....okay, no getting ahead of me here....SOMEBODY forgot to put the door all of the way up.....YES, you guessed it, I backed into it. If it had been up another couple of inches I would have missed it all together! And to make matters worse....about three weeks later.....it happened again. So....no more parking the truck in the garage!

I remember once, when Kayla was a baby.....I had been grocery shopping and had forgotten the bread. I threw the diaper bag in the floor board, grabbed up the kids and ran back in to get the bread. I came out two minutes later and....NO CAR! See, what I didn't tell you is that I always kept a spare key in the diaper bag. (just in case) Jeremy had to leave work to come pick us up, not to mention we had to buy more groceries! The funny thing is, there was a man in the truck beside me when I got out of the car, HE WAS STILL THERE when I came back out of the store. Hello....I don't look anything like a short, black haired Hispanic man! We recovered the car a week or so later, no groceries, no car seats, no diaper bag, and to top it off..... it was totalled.

Then just yesterday, I was cleaning out the junk mail and accidentally double clicked on one. Yep, you are right again.....A VIRUS! It took my dear hubby all day to get rid of it! Luckily it wasn't a bad one, it was just one of those annoying ones.

I guess that means Jeremy is like Ricky....he is always bailing me out of these goofy situations. He's my superhero. I love him for accepting my 'Lucy'ness and loving me anyway.

There are many, many more 'Lucy' moments, but to save my reputation I will keep those to myself, my dear hubby and the Lord.

Does anyone else have a touch of Lucy in them?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so funny that you posted who you would be if you could be a fictional character. I hadn't thought of her. I should have said her last night. I choose two: Mary Poppins (so I'd be a better Mom) and Hadassah (character in Francine Rivers books: Mark Of the Lion.)
I do have a touch of Lucy, though :)

Suzanne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think all of us women have a touch of Lucy in us. I especially hate when I have to see that "told ya so" look from my husband..lol.

Anonymous said...

LUUUCYY!! * That was my best Ricky Ricardo impression*

I agree that we all have a little bit of Lucy in us. It always makes for good conversation. :o}

Karen Hossink said...

Well, since I have just met you (Thanks for stopping by my blog, BTW.) I'm not sure I'm ready to admit to you whether I have a touch of Lucy in me, or not. LOL
I will say this: I loved watching I Love Lucy years ago. Laughing is such a good thing. And though I'm learning to laugh at myself, doing it at Lucy's expense is so much more fun. *grin*

Stacey said...

I confess: I have Lucy moments all the time! I give my family lots of material for their fun-poking.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!