Being born & raised in Kentucky and now living in
Tennessee you can take me at my word when I say I have
heard my fair share of red neck jokes.
From my husband telling everyone that he bought me
From my husband telling everyone that he bought me
my first pair of shoes (which he didn't) to a family friend
constantly singing, "She was bred in Ole' Kentucky, but she's
just a crumb..." You know the rest.
If I ever found myself in a real jam,
I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up
instead of them there city slickers any day. ;o}
That's a little Kentucky slang for ya!
I ran across this today and thought it would make even a
I ran across this today and thought it would make even a
Yankee proud to be called a red neck!
You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to
You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to
be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God.'
You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing
You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing
the 10 Commandments posted in public places.
You might be a redneck if: You still say
You might be a redneck if: You still say
'Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival.'
You might be a redneck if: You bow
You might be a redneck if: You bow
your head when someone prays.
You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand
You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand
over your heart when they play the National Anthem.
You might be a redneck if:You still get a lump in your
You might be a redneck if:You still get a lump in your
throat when someone sings "God Bless America".
You might be a redneck if: You treat our armed forces
You might be a redneck if: You treat our armed forces
& veterans with great respect, and always have.
You might be a redneck if: You've never
You might be a redneck if: You've never
burned an American flag, nor intend to.
You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe
You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe
and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.
Makes you proud to be called a red neck doesn't it?
Put a smile on...
...it makes those around you smile too!
3 comments:
Well, I came from Alabama with a banjo on my knee! Thanks for your ministry to others. You're a blessing.
Tracy--
You won the Sweet Pea Cakes gift certificate from 5 Minutes for Giveaways.
We emailed you last week.
Please send me your name and address, from that email if you have it, or reply to this.
I did get your last email and I emailed you back.. ha ha, its really funny that EVERY time I email you the funny story about why I had put your address on both the return address and sender for your hugs and kisses it doesnt go through, I guess it isnt meant for you to hear that funny story :P
But, no I didnt get the fabric choices BUT, I did see the one after that asked if I seen it, and I answered it.. Oh, and I even told you names and such cause you asked.. SO WEIRD how we are having issues with email :(
Post a Comment