CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice, Ice & More Ice!

Next time the weather man says 'ice storm' or
'winter weather advisory' I will probably believe him....You see, usually
when they say we are going to get 3 inches of ice....we get a little bit
of freezing rain and that's it...this time...we got the ice...
....topped off with a couple of inches of snow.

We are VERY BLESSED! Our power was only off a couple
of days... There are thousands of people in the surrounding
areas without power...in Dyer, County, TN alone they said this
morning the numberwas 18,000....no heat!
No hot food! It is terrible!

Some places they are saying will not have power
for at least 6 weeks. There are no stores open and people are
driving as far as 45 minutes to the nearest gasoline, kerosene & even food.
Luckily my family in Mayfield, Ky have heaters and generators to keep
warm...they too are being told it could be 3 weeks before they get power.
When I talked to mom this morning they were checking on
people to make sure they had heat, water & food.

There are so many who do not have any way to keep warm...when
I was in Wal-mart last night there were people stocking up on anything
and everything that didn't have to be cooked. The bread aisle
was empty, no water, no milk, no snack cakes...
It was strange to see the empty shelves. There are no heaters or
generators to be found for miles...
This morning when I went to the store
I over heard a family talking about sleeping in their car at night...
It just breaks my heart. There were even people buying grills....I could hear
them talking about using them for heat...I mean...this is just
a 20 minute drive from my house....

Here are a few pictures I took around the house.

This is the same tree today....the picture above I took yesterday.

Every time I go outside there are more trees and limbs down.






The temp. was supposed to get up in the mid 40's today
but so far it is still around 27 outside.

Be in prayer for these people without power & heat...
I can't imagine what they must be going through.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wow, I can't even imagine. I am so sorry to hear that... I am glad that you guys are ok. WHenever there is a really cold night here... I always keep in mind those that are homeless, and our family prays for them. I will be doing the same for those in your area.

Sharon said...

Yes, this is so sad and those of us in the lower South rarely see ice storms, though it happens occasionally.

Hmmm...have you heard anything lately about global warming? ;-0