CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Empty Nest Syndrome?

Is it possible to have Empty Nest Syndrome...
before the kids leave home?

I can't believe how fast my kids are growing up.
One minute I have 3 Little ones running around spilling sippy cups,
coloring the walls and sticking things up their noses (Ethan) and in
what seems like NO TIME at all...I have two teenagers and
a 10 year old. (I refuse to call her a pre-teen) ;o}

I know the boys are past the cutesy little kid stuff stage...
'they keep reminding me of that'...but Kayla
still has some left in her and I am grasping onto it as tight as I can.

I am gonna miss walking in the bathroom after her shower to find this:

...and making crowns for Queen Suzy Q....

...and dressing up her kitty like a baby...

...and playing dress-up with her friends...
..and catching critters and making houses for them...
(this was just moments before it made its way onto her arm
and she flung it half-way across the house ;o})

I know you can't keep them little forever...I just wish
they didn't grow up quite so fast!

I remember once when Ethan was 2...we were sitting in the living room
and Ethan was making trip after trip from the kitchen to his bedroom.
After about the 6th trip or so I decided to see what
he was up to. Turns out, he was just playing basketball....
with eggs! And even though I am sure Dalton has learned his lesson when
it comes to ink pens...that there are many more 'memories' to come. ...Like the memory I have of the boys getting into a box feminine products
and sticking them all over the glass door that just happened to face
one of the busiest streets in Jackson.
They said they were airplane stickers ~get it?...the wings~. ;o}

What imaginations huh?

If you have little ones running around pulling everything off of shelves,
sticking things in toilets and everywhere else they can fit them into...
take time to enjoy them.

They won't be little forever...

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Amen to they won't be little forever...they DO grow WAY, WAY to fast! I do believe there's that "empty" nest feeling when they're still home...called becoming more mature kiddos...with a fifth on the way, I'm treasuring all this "young" stuff! Loved the post...especially your daughters after bath play and ESPECIALLY...the "airplane" story!!! Precious. There will be many more new and exciting adventures, yet to come, I'm sure;)

Susan said...

They sure do grow up fast! Mine are 20 and almost 24. But I'll tell you, they still grow and do such amazing things. I'm in awe. It's a beautiful gift to see the wonderful adults they have become. I'm blessed...just like you. :)

Anonymous said...

lol basketball with eggs. I bet you were not smiling then ;)

I know what you mean too. They do grow up to fast, but loving every minuet of it. aren't we :)

Tabatha said...

~*Sniff*~ Okay, so most days I do feel like I am going to pull my hair out before it turns gray, but I really do enjoy my babies. And I guess there won't be pen and crayon marks all over the walls and furniture soon enough. And those little pudgy fingers I see holding onto the banister of the stairs will be gone one day.

As for "pre-teen", my thoughts are, they are preteen at birth! LOL!

Christy said...

That is so funny... the wings! hahahaha... LOL! I am right there with you...even though I do have two little ones... they do grow up too fast... it was yesterday that I came home with my youngest Zach... and now he's almost 1 1/2 and he is starting to walk... and climb... starting to communicate... it's unbelievable!

Suzanne said...

Wow, I sure know what you mean. My oldest is going to be 25 this year and it's looking like she'll be married pretty soon. My middle one is almost 17 and graduating high school, and my baby is 14 with hairy legs and a moustache!

People tell you it flies by, but you really don't know till you've gone through it. It seems like yesterday I was changing their diapers...

twin power mommy ♥ said...

That is a bitter sweet thing to think about.
On one hand i dream about days when things are a bit easier with my kiddos, and on another hand i realize they are growing up so quickly.
I miss little things my twins used to do that they no longer say or do...
My boy is growing and learning so much, so fast....

My girls do the towel wrapped around littlest pet shop dolls, too.

It warms my heart...i dread the day they are past that!

Nina in Portugal said...

What a sweet...sweet post. Makes me want to hug mine up close and not let them go!