CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Coupons Anyone?

I have never been a coupon clipper...not that I don't want to save money,
I do....especially since the price of everything has gone WAY up and I have
two teenagers who eat pretty much 24/7. I just usually
find that I can buy the store brand in most things for cheaper
than what I can buy the name brand for...even with the coupon. Now
I admit, there are some things that MUST be name brand....for example,
Miracle Whip...Jif Peanut Butter...Kraft salad dressing
...just to name a few. :o}
...and of'course I never see coupons for those items!

I ran across this website about a month ago...and found coupons
on there that I can actually use. I rummaged through them clicking
and printing the ones I thought I could use and still get a good deal on....
I cut them out nice and neat....bought one of those coupon organizers.....
stuffed them into their correct category....and you guessed it,
they are still in there.

Now I am afraid to use them. What if I pick out all of the coupon brands.....
get up to the register....just to be told, "Mam, We do not accept the
coupons you print yourself." So, rather than face embarrassment,
I have left them in my (ugly) organizer....until today.

I went into Fred's (I picked a store I never go in to-you know, in case the
cashier gets mad and starts screaming at me because I am using
counterfeit coupons and the manager comes to ban me from the store)
grabbed some Palmolive...you can never have too much soap ;o} then
I grabbed an item that I had a coupon for....you know, for a quick
test run. ;o}- After the lady rang up my total, I slipped her the coupon,
she scanned it....and it worked.
Yay!

The item I had a coupon for was a bottle of Simply Green cleaner...
the coupon was for $2.00....the cleaner was priced for $1.99....I actually
made a penny off my purchase.

How cool is that?!?

12 comments:

Kristy... said...

I am not a coupon cutter because I like you like to buy store brand and I find that alot of the coupons these days, its ".50 off when you buy 2" and I dont WANT two! there isnt much that HAS to be brandname for me tho...

A Day In Our Household. said...

I have been clipping the coupons a lot here lately. I know FOR SURE that Wal-mart takes the home printed ones! I have that coupon printer program installed. And I visit that website too!

Joan said...

I collect coupons and put them in the coupon organizer and there they sit. I do go through it sometimes and throw out the expired ones, but I never seem to use them. I guess maybe I better start. You are right that everything is more expensive. I also bought the reuseable grocery bags and I even store them in the car but I always forget to take them in. Maybe if I put a note on my grocery list to bring in the bags and check for coupons, I might remember.

Thanks for the post!

God Bless

On Purpose said...

Woo-hoo...celebrating with you! I grew up in a home where we didn't get it if mom didn't have a coupon for it! HA! But hey she saved a ton of money!

Mari said...

I love coupons...but I have to be careful not to buy something just because I have a coupon for it. Have you tried the CVS thing? I love it.

Anonymous said...

Glad it worked!

Someone mentioned CVS- from what I gather, they have WONDERFUL deals. Unfortunately, we don't have those around here.

Nina in Portugal said...

I wish we had coupons in Portugal...

Can I put a link on my blog to you?

Gretchen said...

You know...I may just have to follow suit. Times are a changin'. Thanks for the tips! Thanks also for your sweet comments on my blog.

Nina in Portugal said...

Ok...now you're added....thanks...

about the new hairstyle...all it takes to do something daring like I did was go to get a trim when the hairstylist doesn't understand your attempt at her language...and you see what I walked out with!! Yikes...it could have been much worse!!

Anonymous said...

you and mom can always find deals..good job!

twin power mommy ♥ said...

I LOVE to use coupons, especially when they used to have double coupons at Ralphs.

I do the best i can nowadays, cause printing, clipping and storing coupons are a part time job!

Tabatha said...

From a regular coupon cutter: I shop at Kroger where they double coupons up to 50 cents, sometimes and some places more. Plus, I occasionally get a store coupon (like $1.00 of Pampers to be used only at Kroger) which I can combine with a manufacturer's coupon to get extra savings! Target will also do the same, if you shop at Target. Most stores will honor the mfg coupon along with a store coupon. But you can't use two mfg. coupons. I love using coupons and working the sales to my advantage. Keep the coupons in the organizer, but take that beauty with you! Use the coupons and see how much you save!