Sometimes you just need a change of scenery...or atleast I do.
Since hubby is still gone I decided to go to Kentucky and
spend the day with my older brother, Brian and his son Ashton...
sick and just couldn't make it to school. ;o}
It was a rare treat, since usually the only time I get to see Brian
is when someone either gets married, a funeral, or Holidays...
It's sad really...the kids just adore him and so do I...he works
way too much and our schedules never seem to match up.
He took us to Land Between the Lakes and we spent the day
sight seeing, and catching up....we even went to an old cemetery.
I love to walk through old cemeteries...is that wierd?
Here are Kayla and Brian posing behind an Ox...well, not actually
posing...because Brian absolutely HATES his picture being
made (must run in the fam~I make absolutely the worst
pictures ever) I took these with my phone, but I think
they actually turned out pretty good!
I Just couldn't resist...this picture. I wish there was such a thing
as a camera that captured smell...ha HA! (P U)
Did you know that if you twist a pig's ear really hard it will squeal?
~Duh~I would too! Not gonna tell ya who exactly did the ear
twisting...but it wasn't me...or one of my kids...or my nephew. ;o}
Did you know that if you twist a pig's ear really hard it will squeal?
~Duh~I would too! Not gonna tell ya who exactly did the ear
twisting...but it wasn't me...or one of my kids...or my nephew. ;o}
Okay...let me tell you..there are 3 things that scare me to
death...I mean really, really scare me.
#1 Spiders #2 choking #3 Heights...in no particular order.
My brother wanted to show me the old fire tower that the kids
have climbed every summer when they are with uncle Brian.
(I really should have seen what was coming)
I'm proud to say....I climbed it! ALL of it...to the very top!
This picture doesn't really do it justice...(it starts at the bottom
of the photo...it's just too dark to see.)
Okay...maybe it took me forever...and maybe my legs are
absolutely killing me today from walking so far up while
every muscle in my body was tensed to the max....and maybe
I yelled at the kids (and Brian) all the way up and down
to stop shaking the tower...(yeah, it wiggled -
all of it - every time someone moved or when the
all of it - every time someone moved or when the
wind blew!) Plus, he forgot to mention that it was really
OLD and some of the boards were missing AND the ones
that were still there were all loose!
OLD and some of the boards were missing AND the ones
that were still there were all loose!
But hey, I did it!
I guess your wondering why...I don't really know. What I
do know, is that I will never, ever do it again! I guess part
of me still wants to prove to my big, strong, older brother
that I'm not a sissy.
do know, is that I will never, ever do it again! I guess part
of me still wants to prove to my big, strong, older brother
that I'm not a sissy.
This is on the way home...I'm so happy not to be splattered
all over Land Between Lakes state park.
I didn't get any pictures of the boys...but they had a great time.
They tried to provoke the ox into chasing them...(I won't tell you
how) ;o} They chased the roosters...tried to scare me to death on the
fire tower (it worked)...AND tried to talk Uncle Brian into walking
across the access cable under the bridge...(which Brian has done
before and I can't believe we didn't do) So, I guess I spent most
of my time around them praying they wouldn't get killed ;o}
how) ;o} They chased the roosters...tried to scare me to death on the
fire tower (it worked)...AND tried to talk Uncle Brian into walking
across the access cable under the bridge...(which Brian has done
before and I can't believe we didn't do) So, I guess I spent most
of my time around them praying they wouldn't get killed ;o}
BOYS! I could write a book!
We had a great day! I hope to do it again really soon!
(~just not the fire tower part~)




7 comments:
Glad you had a great time,
I love being with my family.
Glad to also see you doing o.k
w-out you man, still praying for you,I know its hard.
What prat of tenn,or you from??
thats our favorite place to vacation.
I'm scared of heights too! Not sure I could've made it to the top without crying. ha!
Wow! Good for you for doing that :) I'm not really afraid of heights, but just looking at that picture made me think to myself, "I sure wouldn't climb up that thing!"
What a day full of adventure, I bet you slept well that night!
I climbed something like that once....and I stress once....
The older I get the worse I am about heights..
My three things would be snakes, heights and drowning.
Hope your nephew is feeling better :P
Looks like fun and I would NOT have climbed that, you are a brave, brave, woman~
WOW that fire tower does indeed look scary!
I dunno if i coulda climbed it.
What an accomplishment to climb something so high when you're afraid of heights. Heights scare me too. You must really be in shape because I would have died.I'm glad you got to spend a great day with your brother, Brian.
Post a Comment