CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Not your average run-of-the-mill Twinkie!


I have been having one of those weeks...I haven't felt well
all week....one of the sweet kids at church is being tested for
the swine flu and until we find out the results I guess I'm
gonna feel like I have it ;o}
You know... it's one of those all in the mind things...
Like when you hear the words 'head lice' you automatically
start scratching your head ;o} (you're welcome~lol)

...then today has turned out to be one of those days...if
you know what I mean...
Plus...Hubby is leaving to preach a revival in Mississippi....
and this is the first time ever that I have not gone with him.
Trust me when I say that I better leave it at that...


I could soooo go into a never-ending post describing the flood
of emotions I am feeling and how it breaks my heart to
be staying behind and that I'm not going to be there to
support him...FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!
Did I mention it's the first time ever?

~Insert Long drawn out sigh~

I suppose the Lord understood how I am feeling and wanted to
do a little something special for me today ;o} hehehe

When I went to the grocery this morning to pick up some
milk...I passed by the Twinkies! WHICH just happened
to be on sale?

Coincidence?

I think not!
So...I grabbed a box.
(Yeah, I know...you are what you eat...but today,
WHO CARES!) Be glad it was just one box!


When I got to the truck...I couldn't wait for my sweet,
yummy, treat. That God put on sale just for me...
because it is my favorite....AND I sooo need to
 spoil myself right now. (What can I say?
I'm low maintenance ;o})

I opened the box..pulled out a Twinkie...which looked a little
funny. The delicious cream filling had burst out of the seam...
Hmmm? I thought...what a sloppy job...no wonder they
were on sale. ;o{ Trust me, I know what a Twinkie is suppose
to look like...and these certainly weren't up to par!

I reached for another...to my disappointment...they were all that
way...the whole stinking box...the yummy cream was
bursting out the seams on every last one.

Oh well...I pulled back the wrapper and took a bite.

I promise...I would almost swear (if I was a swearing gal~
which I am not) that I heard the Hallelujah chorus!

The reason the Twinkies looked that way is because they
were ALL stocked full of cream~all 10 of them!
So full they were bursting at the sides!

And just between us...I am not too proud to lick the
cream off the wrappers! ;o}

Thank you Lord!

I soooo needed that extra squirt of sweet, yummy,
delicious cream filling today! :o}

6 comments:

Leslie said...

You're so funny! I hope you feel better. Thanks for putting the lice thought in my head (or in my hair) since I'll be going back to work this week (at the preschool)!

Love and Hugs, Leslie

Becka said...

How funny,,,
You sound like me , but mine is with the cream horns(not sure if thats the right name) but thats what my mama has always called it ,
they so good,,

Good for you to take time for yourself like this :D

I feel for you during this time your husband will be away......
I promise I will pray for you,
I DO NOT like to be away from mine.
have a good sunday!!!!!

Susan said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get to go to the revival this time. The Lord must have something else for you in mind while your husband is gone? Saying a little prayer for you right now, sweet friend.

Mindy said...

I'm glad you got your Twinkie fix :) Now you need to tell me how you got your blog to have 3 columns!

Courtney said...

I just now saw your comment about the bookstore/coffee shop idea! I LOVE that idea! Hmmm...=)
I don't like Twinkies, but I'm glad God put in a little extra for ya!

Kristy... said...

This post was HALARIOUS...

Ever have a deep fried twinkie?
I never have but my friends say they are heaven sent!