CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Hooray For Dalton!

I took Dalton to get his driver's permit today...I'm not sure
who was more nervous...him or me ;o}

He passed and immediately started begging to drive home.

Sounds reasonable enough doesn't it?

Well, it probably wouldn't have worried me so much, but we drove
the truck to the testing center...the Ford Excursion...my mind immediately
went back to when we first bought it and my husband was explaining
how the truck is 18 inches longer than a Suburban and the biggest
SUV ever made....not to mention, since it is the biggest SUV ever
made...the roll-rate was really high ;o{

So, you can see why I was so nervous having my son...who ran over
the neighbor's tiny, little tree in their great, big yard with the four wheeler
drive such big, wide truck on these skinny, winding, hilly, narrow,
country roads....especially with me in the passenger seat...

...but I did take comfort in that unless we meet a semi truck or an army
tank the odds were in our favor...since we were in such a big truck...;o}

...but he did pretty well...I, on the other hand was a little jumpy ;o}
and I may have gasped a few times...okay, I gasped A LOT
of times... but we did make it safely home.

I was sure to make a dramatic exit out of the truck and
thank the Lord for getting me safely home :o}

Secretly, I think Dalton was doing the same thing!

10 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Way to go Dalton!!

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know that I restarted my blog. same address but it will have all new topics. I pray that you and your family are well and hope to hear from you soon.

Theresa of A Note From Theresa

A Day In Our Household. said...

HOORAY for Dalton!!!!! I will now be spending less time on the roads, but HOORAY for Dalton ;)

Susan said...

Wow! Big step. You'll do fine, Mom. :)

SAYDA said...

Congratulations Dalton! Anson was here as I was reading it and he said, "Congratulations Dude, I can register for drivers ed next week." Oh the joys for paretns.

Anonymous said...

Thumbs up from the Kings!! :)

* Good grief- my word verification word was "insest". :o(

Courtney said...

Aww, I'm so happy for Dalton. I know it's a huge relief to get that test over with. And the driving test is easy...after some practice. :0)

LOL about Kayla wanting to lick the cupcake bowl! That made me smile.

Thanks for the prayers!

Hilary said...

How cute!! Yeah Dalton :)

Mindy said...

I can't believe he is driving! Ethan's not far behind, then instead of them fighting over who gets to ride "shotgun", you'll have them fighting over the driver's seat! I dread the day:)

Unknown said...

Yippity Do Da!!!!!!Congratulations Dalton!!!!!