CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?

Isn't it incredible how time flies?
One day things are fine, my children are sweet and innocent and
climbing on my lap wanting kisses and boo boo's fixed....

....and in what seems like such a short time later....
....my boys are three and four inches taller than I am.... ....talking about cars, softball, hunting and of'course..... girls. My baby....now, not so much a baby....is counting down
the inches until she too....is taller than mom. More than once, I have been accused of being an 'over-protective' mom.....
Guess What? I don't care.
Who is going to take care of my children if I don't ? The world?

Proverbs 22:6 ~
'Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.'

That's great parental advice, but do we apply it? We love to train our children, but are we training them in the things that really matter? Are we spending more hours a week at softball games and watching television than studying the Bible with our families?

Raising kids to become strong Christians doesn't just happen. We are their role models and if we want our children to follow God, then we have to lead the way. Too often we worry about giving our children the material things this world has to offer and not teaching them about what Jesus has to offer.

If children "learn what they live," then just what are they learning at home?

5 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Amen! I agree with you, especially on being over protective!

Your children are beautiful! You have a blessed family!

Mindy said...

Why can't they just stay little forever? Doesn't it make you want another?

Joan said...

Beautiful family.

I'm so glad they don't stay 3 forever.

Have a blessed day!

Shannon said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Come back again.

Kristy... said...

""More than once, I have been accused of being an 'over-protective' mom.....
Guess What? I don't care.
Who is going to take care of my children if I don't ? The world?""

AMEN~

What a good post.... you have a very handsome/pretty family :P