Psalms 51:10 Create in me a clean
heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
I find myself continually talking to the kids about being truly sorry.
When one wrongs the other I say, 'Tell your brother or sister you
heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
I find myself continually talking to the kids about being truly sorry.
When one wrongs the other I say, 'Tell your brother or sister you
are sorry.'......just to hear them murmur a fake, half pronounced - sorry.
Then I find myself saying, 'Say it like you mean it.'
Then they say an ever so rehearsed - sorry, just to please mom
and go on about their business as if they are off the hook.....
I thought of a common scenario and had to ask myself. What would I feel like if one day my kids realized that they could consistently disobey me and rationalize that “It’s ok, no matter what I do, mom will always love and forgive me”. I can tell you, I think it would probably really hurt. We want our kids to be loving and honest and behave well toward us and others....not just because they should....but because they want to.
How much more must our heavenly Father want these things from us?
How must He feel when we consistently allow ourselves to behave badly
because we know He’s a loving and forgiving Father?
I don’t know about you, but I need a radical change of heart today.
I need the Lord to perform some open-heart surgery.
We need to be the kind of children who yearn to love the Lord and
put Him and His will above every other desire.
There’s so much work to be done!
5 comments:
Looks like we both have/had a heavy heart on our posts today! :o}
Wow! Good post. It's funny cause I have been doing a little "spiritual check" myself and am finding myself digging deeper into my prayer life. It is amazing the power of prayer! I am reading this awesome book my Pastor let me borrow and I have to recommend it- "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" by Jim Cymbala. If you love to read, this is one to check out!
Also wanted to let you know that I will be praying for your Dad and your family. Sorry to hear about everything.
Sending hugs your way.....
Brandy
Good post.
It puts things into perspective which i need sometimes.
Beautiful, beautiful post! And something we all need to be reminded about.
Hello, we have been in Ohio for about 2 weeks. I am finally catching up on some reading on you blog and what a day to catch up. ON this new post of your. I've felt the same way about the " I'm sorry" the kids offer to their brothers or sisters. But about myself, I needed the remineder. I have always been around my childern 24/7 with homeschooling and everything else, but now we are in very close quarters, hotel rooms, car. As I write this, all seven of us are in one hotel room. 4 on beds and 3 on the floor. I needed your encourageing words.
Post a Comment