CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

~Excuses~



Children can be so funny, especially when they are trying to
be just the opposite.
Children's Church sometimes lasts a little longer than expected, and to
keep the kids occupied we play games....like
hang man, Bible Pictionary, etc.
During a game of Bible Pictionary this past Sunday.....I noticed that two
little girls had disappeared under the pew. I called them by name
and asked them to please sit back in their seats.
One of the girls, age 7, came up to me and proceeded to tell me why she must stay under the pew.
She told me that she had been to the doctor
and he told her that she was to stay out of the light as much as possible.

Of'course I knew better. On one hand I knew that she was simply trying to get out of doing what she was told..... on the other, I couldn't help but laugh at her coming up with such a clever excuse. :o}



I have been thinking about her excuse all week.
What was so utterly ridiculous to me...made complete sense to her.
Do my excuses sound that ridiculous to God?
....but God, I had too much to do.....
....but God, I didn't have any extra money this week...
....but God, I was sooo tired....
....but God, I was scared....
......but God, you know I worked all week....
....but
.....but
....but
....but God, If you only knew what I had to put up with.....
God could have given a million excuses instead of sending
His Son to die for me......
...but He didn't....

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow, what a great post! And very convicting for me. I know that I make excuses way too often.

p.s. I thought of your Lucy moments when I was posting about my jalapeno experience..lol.

A Day In Our Household. said...

Wow that was inspirational!! Very eye opening!

Anonymous said...

lol-- Just give me one guess and I bet I could figure this one out! :)

Amen, sista!

Karen said...

Out of the mouths of babes....I remember a little boy that my daughter played with years ago who was "known" for pushing the girls down. When I confronted him in class one Sunday night, he said "It was an accident." Uh-huh. ;o)

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hmmmm....so true...we would be so lost without Him.
It is amazing what children come up with...I am sure...I know that I have come across that way to God before.
What is down in the well comes up in the bucket. :)

Christian said...

HA! That sounds just like me! Thanks for the new perspective...I think I will go do my Bible study now!

Christian said...

Thanks for the camera sympathy! I was sick to my stomach for a few hours afterwards. But on the bright side, there were lots of people at the big events taking photos too, like 4th of July and Haley's bday party, and they can all share with me. AND most of my favorite photos are on my blog. So it all worked out allright in the end.

Kristy... said...

What a great post!!! we can all use a refresher like that once in a while.

OK, your car window is funny, but not funny ... ha ha ha.. glad you are ok~!

Unknown said...

Very well written! Thanks for posting this! I pay so much attention to my children's behavior and often see I do many of the same things to Our Father. :(