CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

LUUUUCY!

I was sitting in the office Saturday thinking,'Hmmm, what should I post about today?'

I decided to put a load of clothes in the washer while I was thinking. I realized that Kayla's suitcase was in the truck from where she had stayed with her Grammy and I ran out to get it. I opened the truck door....it is one of those that opens up......you know, the ones that have those little air springs on the side that will
help keep the door up......well.....ours wasn't working. If you needed anything out of the back,
you had to manage to hold the extremely heavy ;o} door up while managing to pull whatever
you were wanting out of the back. That didn't go very well.

As you can see here:

I was trying to hold the door up with one arm, and pull the suitcase out with the other....my hand slipped! Down came the door and the windshield shattered. Luckily, I only managed to get a few cat like scratches on my arm....but they sure do hurt!
My neighbor, Mrs. Debbie rescued me with her shop vac...it would have taken forever to get all of that glass up without it. So, there you have it. Another one of my 'Lucy' moments to add to the incredibly long and ever growing list.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my Gosh!!! That is terrible. I am glad that you are able to call it a Lucy moment and walk away with only a few scratches!

Suzanne said...

Wow! Glad you weren't seriously hurt!

Mari said...

OK you totally topped my garage door!
Glad your ok...

On Purpose said...

Wow...I would call that a "big moment".

What a nice neighbor you have :)

Michelle said...

Glad you weren't hurt! Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment...your prayers are very much appreciated!

Blessings :)
Michelle
'Treasure the Moment' blog

Karen said...

Oh no! That's terrible! I'm glad you weren't hurt.
Thank you for visiting my site today, and commenting. I think those names are great! I might have to use one of them. ;o)
I've enjoyed my visit here, and have added you to my favorites. Please visit again soon at Kindred Haven.
Have a wonderful evening, Tracy!

Christian said...

OH BOY! Don't we all have those moments? My husband was reading with me and said "That looks like something you would do!" Glad I am not the only one with Lucy moments!

Anonymous said...

good job mrs. tracy!! ;)

btw, thanks for the cupcake last night!! it was YUMMY!