......to my Dad!
Today he is -- years old!
I would tell you, because I know he hardly ever gets on the computer
and he has no way of seeing it on here....but things have always had
a mysterious way of getting back to him. ;o}
The last ten years have been really trying for my dad and family. In 1998 he was diagnosed with cancer. He went through an intense treatment that required months of painful and often times intolerable therapy at M.D. Anderson's cancer center in Houston Texas. Despite the odds, he made a full recovery and had been in remission for about 8 years. (despite the fact that the radiation left the vertebrae in his neck brittle
requiring surgery in 2006)
Then last year, what seemed to be a routine sinus infection turned out to be cancer once again. Back to Houston for another round of treatments. Again, against the odds, another full recovery was in the works. Last week, back in Houston at a routine exam.....the doctors say they have found it again. This time, it appears to be behind his eye and just under his brain.
Today....on his birthday.....of all days....he will find out the extent of the cancer.
I know, there are no good days to find out something like this.....but my mother has always made sure that our birthday and every holiday was extra special. I want dad to have an extra special day today. I want the doctor to walk in the room with a smile and say, "Jerry, the tests were wrong, you are cancer free."
Now, that would make one special birthday!
I know God can heal him.....he has time and time again through the hands of man.
Please say a prayer for them both....that God will give them peace and understanding and that
they will be able to praise Him no matter the results.
9 comments:
Prayers already been said!
We're praying that there will be good news today!
Hi Tracy!!
Thankyou for stopping by..visit anytime! Oh your Dad..that is horrible..cancer..I will be praying that they are wrong and he is cancer free!! Your kids are very cute...visit anytime :)
Tracy,
Praying for your dad and your family. Birthdays were always special in our family, too. Thanks for letting us know so we could pray.
Praying hard for your dad.
I have a list of verses that I turn to often, when I feel like things are going south, here are a few of them, I hope they are comforting to you too. I will pray for your parents.
God continually guides us. (Genesis 28:15)
God provides rest for the weary. (Mat. 11:28)
GOd will supply all of your needs. (Phil 4:19)
God's grace is sufficient. (2 Cor. 12:9)
May you and your family right smack dab in the middle of God's will surrounded with His love, and peace and His great big arms wrapped around you!
Love and prayers!
Nichole
I will pray...tell your dad a friend and sister in Christ sends a BIG Happy Birhtday his way!
I wanted to come over and say 'hi' and to thank you for stopping by my blog...My heart goes out to your dad and your family tonight...I hope he finds out good news..what a tough spirit God has given him! Happy Birthday to him! I enjoyed reading about your family..those yearbook photos really cracked me up! Please stop by anytime...I will check back to read about the prognosis..sending positive thoughts your way..
~Angie
Post a Comment