Yesterday, the kids and I went to Kentucky to spend the day with mom and my sister. Last night my mom treated us all to a trip to the fair. It's become a tradition. Every time the fair is in town we go to Kentucky and my mom and I, along with my sister-n-laws, take all of the kids to the fair. I love the fair....well, I mostly love the smells of the fair. The corn dogs, caramel apples, funnel cakes and my favorite....the COTTON CANDY. We started off the evening with a bottle of Dramamine. I wasn't planning on riding much, but just watching those rides spin still makes me Queasy. Come to think of it, thinking about them spinning does too.
I skipped the first few rides, I wanted to give my Dramamine plenty of time to kick in. Then we get to that big pirate ship. I am not sure of the name, but it rocks really high like a swing....more or less.
I was sure to get a good seat. Not the back row.....I wasn't that brave. So we settled ourselves in to the next to the back row. :)
It was just me and my nephew Caleb. As we were waiting for everyone to load the ship, Caleb asked if I was going to puke. Laughing, I assured him that I only get sick on spinning rides. "It's OK if you have to puke" he said...."I have on my play shoes." 'He says the funniest things! Plus...he doesn't say puke right....he says pute.
There we were, facing the rest of our group as the ship began to rock. "Wow....this is fun!" I told Caleb. He smiled in agreement. The ship continued to rock and each time it went higher and higher. With each swing I could feel Caleb scrunching further and further down into the seat and leaning over further and further towards the girl on the other side of him (away from me). The longer we rode, the further away from me he went. Thinking he was just scared and wanting off the ride I asked, "Caleb, do you like this ride?" With a huge smile and a scared to death look on his face, he nodded his head yes.
As the ride began to slow down he looked up to me and said, "I want to ride again!" "You do?" I asked...."yes, but this time I want to sit in the middle and I want to sit with Grammy." I asked Caleb, "Why do you want to sit with Grammy?" Caleb answered,"She don't puke on the rides."
I skipped the first few rides, I wanted to give my Dramamine plenty of time to kick in. Then we get to that big pirate ship. I am not sure of the name, but it rocks really high like a swing....more or less.
I was sure to get a good seat. Not the back row.....I wasn't that brave. So we settled ourselves in to the next to the back row. :)
It was just me and my nephew Caleb. As we were waiting for everyone to load the ship, Caleb asked if I was going to puke. Laughing, I assured him that I only get sick on spinning rides. "It's OK if you have to puke" he said...."I have on my play shoes." 'He says the funniest things! Plus...he doesn't say puke right....he says pute.
There we were, facing the rest of our group as the ship began to rock. "Wow....this is fun!" I told Caleb. He smiled in agreement. The ship continued to rock and each time it went higher and higher. With each swing I could feel Caleb scrunching further and further down into the seat and leaning over further and further towards the girl on the other side of him (away from me). The longer we rode, the further away from me he went. Thinking he was just scared and wanting off the ride I asked, "Caleb, do you like this ride?" With a huge smile and a scared to death look on his face, he nodded his head yes.
As the ride began to slow down he looked up to me and said, "I want to ride again!" "You do?" I asked...."yes, but this time I want to sit in the middle and I want to sit with Grammy." I asked Caleb, "Why do you want to sit with Grammy?" Caleb answered,"She don't puke on the rides."
I guess he was only scared because he thought I was going to be sick. He is so funny....
I bet you all thought I was gonna say that I got sick....well, you were wrong. I rode it again with Caleb and this time he enjoyed it much more. I guess he realized I wasn't gonna 'pute' on him.
I bet you all thought I was gonna say that I got sick....well, you were wrong. I rode it again with Caleb and this time he enjoyed it much more. I guess he realized I wasn't gonna 'pute' on him.
4 comments:
That is so funny! Yes I guess I was waiting to hear that the Dramamine did not kick in and you got sick. I am really glad you did not. I would have been embarrassed for you...=). See you Sunday.
That sure sounds like you had a good time. I really enjoyed seeing ya'll the other night. I have been so behind on my blog, sorry. I plan to write about the night ASAP.
Love,
Sandy
Just think what must have been going through his mind. He was surely thinking you were about to be sick all over his play shoes. That's too cute. Remind me not to ride any rides with you unless you have taken your dramamine.
Nahh-- I knew you had it under control the WHOLE time. That is funny tho!
Post a Comment