CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

~Life Happens~

Jeremy left early this morning, about 6, to go to a camp meeting with some preacher friends of his. When he leaves early, I love to snuggle into his side of the bed and fall back to sleep. So, determined to catch a few more winks; I did just that. And as much as I wanted too, I just couldn't fall back to sleep.
So, since we had to put the truck in the shop today, and I am pretty much stuck at home.....I decided I would get an early start on the laundry that I have fallen so far behind on because of the weekend, babysitting, revival, and kids and, and, and....there's always an excuse.....well, at least until you run out of clean towels!
I was getting a lot accomplished. I really was. I had most of the clothes washed and on hangers. I just had to put them away and finish a load of towels. Then through the normal household sounds, kids, t.v., dishwasher I could hear a strange sound coming from the garage. This is what I found.....

I'm not sure how Chicago managed to get inside this pot, but I know he couldn't get out on his own. That reminds me of myself...or people in general. We get ourselves in some of the stickiest situations and if it weren't for God; we would be stuck too. I rescued the cat and put the pots up....then I heard the washer signal....so off to put the towels in the dryer. When I opened the washer door.....
Oh no! There is obviously something wrong with my 1 yr. old washing machine. This is a before picture....it got worse. We had bubbles from the washer to the patio door. I thought I just used too much soap, but it's on its 3rd drain/spin cycle.....and we still have bubbles......lots of BUBBLES.

So, I guess the old saying,"When it rains, it pours" is very true.
It's kind of funny. Just when you think you have things under control....life happens....and it happens a lot around our house. It's like God just wants to remind me that HE is still in control and I will always need Him to fix, rescue, help, handle, resolve, lead, comfort................well, for everything.
Just think, all of that 'life' happened before lunch....imagine how much 'life happens around here in a whole week! And I didn't even mention the blow dryer blowing black smoke or the lawn mower tearing up!
At least the cat's okay :)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I hope your day starts getting better and I hope that washer isn't severely messed up since I have the same one!LOL

Anonymous said...

Goodness! It's to see some humor in this... I probably would have reacted too quickly and got the mess up.- without taking the picture to blog about it.

Sandy said...

it seems like "life happens" all the time around my house. Especially when we are packing to go to another meeting. I do fine until I have a time frame.
Oh, well, like you said, " God is just letting us know He is in control and will take care of everything.

Sandy said...

I think of you all often. Praying all is well with you.

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had the same kind of "life happening" week I've had! LOL.