CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

They are home!

Mom, dad & Kara are finally back
home from Texas.

M.D. Anderson had to fly him back because he wasn't able to
ride in an ambulance or any vehicle for the 14 hour drive
back home.

They got to the house about 3ish Thursday afternoon. It was bittersweet.
We were so glad they were home...but
considering the circumstances...
it wasn't the joyous reunion we had
been anticipating for so long.

Dad has a morphine pump...but he's still in so much pain. He has cancer
in his hip and it hurts if we move him. He has Nasal Pharangeal so the
oxygen masks have been very painful for him to wear. Through a
dear friend~;o} I was able to get my hands on a facial tent and that
seems to work better. He said he likes it better. Due to the amount
of radiation to his head...his skull has softened and it
hurts to be touched.

He still knows who we are and can talk to you. The medication
makes him loopy at times and he talks about stuff that he needs to
get done at work or things that he thinks he forgot to do...I just
agree with him and tell him I will have it taken care of first thing
in the morning.

When I was sitting up with him Thursday night (and I do mean
UP~he has his days and nights mixed up so the longest time he
went without wanting his bed lifted, his mask off and his water bottle
was about 13 minutes) he would look over at me and say "I love you
honey"  I'd say "I know you to daddy...I love you too" Then
he would reply with an " I know you do, I know you do."

We put his hospital bed facing mom's bed so that he can see her
laying down. He would want me to put the bed up as far as it would go
so he could look over at her. When she would look up at him he would
raise his arms and wave to her.

Please pray for mom... Pray hard...It breaks my heart to see
my mom watching him like this...and she's been doing it for months now. 
She doesn't want to lose him and if there were anyway he could be
healed I would want that...but since there isn't a way to heal him on
this earth...I want him to go home to glory.

So, if that's how you want to pray...then pray it...that's what
would be best...

I hope that doesn't sound selfish...'cause believe me, if he
wasn't in pain...I'd rather him be here with mom.

Thank you all...Tracy

4 comments:

Christy said...

so sorry to hear his circimstances. I will be praying the Lords will to be done. I know that it must break you mothers heart to see her groom, her hubby for so many years in such pain. I couldn't imagine seeing my honey like that either. The Lord be with you, your family, and especially near to your mother and father in these hard times.
your sister in the Lord
chrisy

Mindy said...

I know it has to be terribly hard for your mom and sister, right now, but we know the God of all comfort and I'll pray that he gives you all peace. We can always rest in this verse especially in times when our loved ones are suffering....

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:8.

I love ya and if there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to call!

Hilary said...

My heart just hurts for your family!! Your poor Dad in all that pain and your Mom..I can't even imagine and then you and your siblings....just know that I am praying for you all in this sad time....

Courtney said...

Still praying...I love you Mrs. Tracy, and even though I don't know your sister very well, I'm praying for her and all of y'all...