Please be in prayer for dad. He has been in the hospital since Sunday.
He was having an allergic reaction to some meds and his heart rate
was 176. He has pneumonia too.
He isn't doing very well...the cancers in combinatin with the
treatments and meds are taking a toll on his body. When we
visited a few weeks ago he only weighed around 113 lbs. He barely
eats or sleeps and he is taking pain medication every few hours.
He has moments where he seems to be lucid and others he
just seems to be staring out in space...the first words he said
when we walked in the door were, "God's still in control."
They have been in Texas for over a year...they have missed
Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays...life really...and my mom
is a big kid when it comes to holidays! She loves them! She
makes a big to-do about decorations, food...and there are
always games to play...and sometimes even prizes! She always
makes enough Christmas candy to share with half of the
state of KY~seriously!
makes enough Christmas candy to share with half of the
state of KY~seriously!
It's almost as if we have put everything 'family' on hold....we
haven't even had our Easter egg hunt, our Thanksgiving Dinner or
our big Christmas get-to-gether from last year yet...My brothers
and I decided we are waiting until they come home.
I just spoke with mom and she is praying about coming home when
they release dad from the hospital. She doesn't really say what
she's thinking or feeling, but I can hear it in her voice. I
can hear that her heart is broken.
I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through...
Please pray for them...pray that mom has peace with the decision
she makes and that we are able to get dad safely home from
Houston, Texas to Mayfield, Ky.
Here are a few pictures from our trip to Texas...
Mom & Kara teaching the kids how to play Bananagrams.
I don't think Ethan liked it too much.
You wouldn't think it would be necessary to post these at a cancer
treatment center would ya?
A picture from the outside...this place is huge!
To give you some idea of how big it is...this picture is part of
the Sky Bridge. It's a mile long walkway that has golf carts that
shuttle from one end to the next.
This place is called 'The Park' it's a huge room with tropical trees and
plants planted everywhere. It's a get-a-way place with chairs and
couches for people to come and relax for a while. At one end
of the park there is a wall of tiles...each tile has the name of a
M.D. Anderson Employee on it that donates part of their
YEARLY salary to the hospital's cancer research.
Isn't that remarkable!?
There are rooms like this set up all through the place...One
area has a row of fountains that go up two or three floors...another
has a huge tree made out of metal...there are piano's set up here
and there, tables with puzzles in every corner and huge fish
tanks with beautiful fish.
I didn't take very many pictures...but it's an awesome place
to see. If for no other reason, but to remind you that you
are human....and that it could be you or I there in that hospital...
looking for a cure...or wheeling our child through those halls
in a wheelchair with tubes and IVs coming out from
under their clothes....trying to smile as everyone walks by
hiding the fact that your heart is being torn out of your
chest as you stand there.
I thank God every day that I am healthy...my children are
healthy...my husband is healthy...sometimes I think we
take that for granted.
Please pray for my family...
Thank you~Tracy






8 comments:
I'm praying for your dad and the rest of your family. I remember the last Wednesday night of 2009, in youth class, Bro. John asked each of us what we wanted to happen in 2010. Ethan said he wanted his grandpa to come home from Houston...and that about broke my heart, so I can only imagine what y'all are going through.
We do take our good health for granted.
I'm praying...
We are praying for you and your family. I know it is a hard thing your family is going through.
Your dad still knows that "God is in control" in the middle of all of his heartache and pain, what a good man, praise God!
Honey I am SO sorry about your Dad! This made me do sad...I will be praying for your family...
Tracy we are praying for you guys. Especially your dad. Kayla asks for prayers for him every Wed. night. Every time she asks I can see the upset in her little face. Even Caylob, Liana, and Jaycob are asking prayer for Ms. Tracy's dad every night before bed. We love you guys.
Tracy, my heart goes out to you in this very hard time. I know how hard it must be for family not to do the "holiday" stuff because of a loved one being so sick. I will be praying that the Lord takes care of your dad (as HE has been) and that your dad is peaceful. I will pray that your mother is able to cope well with what has been given her.
Your whole family will be in our prayers dear friend.
Tracy,
Keeping you and your family . . . especially your dad in my heart and prayers.
Susan
We will be praying for you & your family , I am very sorry to hear about all of this,
Wish I could be there to help do something for you,
Know that I love you ,
May God Bless ya'll
Post a Comment