CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

~Hawaiin Fruit Cake~


I know that you're probably thinking the same thing I
think when I see the words 'fruit cake'...

A five letter word that starts with an 'N' and ends in a 'Y'...
I better clarify that....for some of you whose minds may be
wondering down the gutter right about now...shame on you..the
word I'm thinking is 'nasty'...if that wasn't the word you had in
mind...then I'm sure the one you are thinking will do just fine. ;o}

This is my Nanny's recipe...I asked her for it the other day and
she wrote me a letter describing how to make it...and I am
sharing it with my blog friends...

2 boxes honey graham crackers (crushed)
1 cup English Walnuts (chopped)
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 to 1 cup raisins
1 cup pineapple (drained, reserve juice)
1/2 stick butter
2/3 bag mini marshmallows
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs, nuts, coconut, raisins,
cinnamon & pineapple; set aside. In a saucepan melt butter, add
vanilla...add marshmallows until melted. Mix with dry ingredients.
Stir well...if it seems dry add pineapple juice a little at a time. You
don't want it wet, but moist enough to where it will hold shape when
pressed into a ball.

Line your pan ( I use a bundt pan or a jello mold~something with
a pretty shape) with plastic wrap. Press mixture firmly into your
pan and refrigerate for a couple days before serving to blend the
flavors. Be sure to press it firmly into your pan or it will not hold
its shape when you take it out. You can use the candied fruit if
you like...but I don't like it...so, I don't.

Hope you try this recipe...you will love it!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I wish I liked fruit cake 'cause this sounds good!

Becka said...

I hate fruit cake,my husband loves it, but since this one is not the same as what walmart puts out 2mths before christmas ,lol I just might try it,
thanks for sharing it with us! :o)

SAYDA said...

Can you say YUMMY! Thanks!

My Army Brats and Me said...

I need your address again. You can send it to my email. Hope you all are well:)

Courtney said...

Hey--Dalton took that pic of himself on my blog. haha! When we were "hunting".