CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

I will be so glad....

...when deer season is over!(but don't tell the boys ;o})
They count down the days until it comes around each year.


Here they are building a shooting house...there was
wood all over the yard~and still in the garage in a
not so neat little pile~that will be cleaned up tomorrow~
FIRST THING! hint hint hint

I think Ethan is suppose to be holding the wood
still for Brandon...


This is my adopted daughter Courtney (;o)~not really)
...but I claim her as my own...she was pitching in a helping hand.

I wonder who came up with the design?
It looks like that shooting hole is a little high ;o}

My boys love to hunt...Especially Dalton, he eats, sleeps and
breathes hunting! I can't wait for deer season to be over ;o} no
more muddy boots in the garage, no more deer hanging from the
trees in my back yard~(yeah~that really happened) no more using
my patio table for a chopping block (no seriously! that will NEVER
happen again~or there will be teenage boys hanging from the trees in
the backyard ;o}) no more losing sleep because I'm afraid someone's
gonna get hurt & no more camo in the laundry! WHOO ~ HOO!

Only 3 more months to go ;o{ Is it really that much longer :o{

I do not eat deer~I don't even cook it! If I can't buy it at
Wal-Mart or Kroger then I am not gonna eat it ~ unless
I'm starving of'course ;o}

And I would definitely have to be starving!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

HAHAHA! I like the "adopted daughter" thing!!! :)) Ethan says that stand looks like it's gonna fall to pieces. But it was fun to make!

Christy said...

Well let me just say, I thought that I didn't like deer meat either. A long time ago I ate some in a lasagna made by my brother-in-laws mom... and it was so incredibly gamey tasting.... Then this year my mentor gave me some meat and said I had to try it in order to get a good feel for whether or not I like it.... and .... I DO! It was amazing, I made a chili with it... and no one knew, everyone at the homegroup raved on how this was the best chili they ever had! seriously!

From what I heard, the younger the deer the less gamey it tastes... if the deer is old then it won't have the greatest taste to it.

I wish my husband were into it, this way it would save me a whole lot of money.

Jen said...

Oh wow. I am such a California girl. Hunting is such a foreign thing to us out here. I couldn't imagine coming home to a deer hanging in my backyard- gross!

You can't wait until hunting season is over, and I just asked my husband when football season is over!!! LOL :)

Becka said...

Ok ,so I love deer season,
I know I'm not your everyday house wife,
But I do not put up with the dead deer thing in my yard, I grew up like that when I was little, my dad always did it that way,
LUCKY ! us a friend owns the deer place,

I love your background..

SAYDA said...

Too funny! That is so cool that they can hunt from their own back yard.

I love your new back ground.

twin power mommy ♥ said...

I am with Jen...California girl and all...
So lemmie just ask you...(i have never understood the whole "hunting" thing), why do your boys like hunting?

I am certainly not an "animal rights" activist or anything, but i have never understood the hunting of an animal.

Anyway, i just wonder...if you are able to answer my question, that would be great!