CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 5, 2009

~Foto Friday~


Today's Foto Friday theme is:

'Least favorite parts of your home'

Leslie at Writing for the Lord picked this topic...
so let's see some fotos!

Here's mine....This is my kitchen floor...I love the tile...
...I love the white grout.....but it's impossible to keep white!
When we built the house I gave specific orders 'NO WHITE
GROUT!' I had the perfect tan color picked out that matched
the tile...but since we were living out of town at the time, it was
impossible to be on top of everything...soooo, when I got
the chance to check on the house....the kitchen floor was
all in and the grout was so very white ;o{
I think it looks beautiful...but I get so tired of srubbing the floor...
I know you can stain it...but I am kind-of use to the white now.
I have tried sealing it and re-staining it white...but I still end
up on my hands & knees~any tips out there?

4 comments:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

We, too, have white grout in our kitchen tile.
HATE how it gets dirty so quickly.

We have sealed it a couple of times...i usually just end up scrubbing it with bleach once a year.

The weekly mopping has to do for now. I cannot simply scrub it every week...
and my grout is THICK, too...at least if it was skinnier, it wouldn't be as noticeable.

Christy said...

I am so ashamed of mine that I won't post a picture... I just hate it so much! It is our kitchen floor as well... it's a nasty old lanolium floor that will one day (when we are rollin' in the dough, or save enough) will be replaced. It is so outdated, and every time I walk into my kitchen it makes me shiver! ha!

Leslie said...

Hi! Thanks for using one of my ideas this week and for mentioning my blog! Now I agree that the grout probably is a pain, but at least your floor looks pretty! My floors don't stand a chance. And I must admit that I use it as an excuse to not wash them as often as I should! It's another one of those "Why bother?" situations.

Christy said...

Tracy,
pop over I posted what I hate in my house... I am so excited!