CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Family Tree and Funny Names

I have always been very sentimental. I love to see old pictures and hear stories about the 'old days'...I ran across this site . AND I have been on it for the past 2 days looking at old pictures and tracing the lineage of the Laman family. I have found a few mistakes (hehehe)... and am trying to clear those up with my long lost relative.

ANYWAY
This is my 4th or 5th great grandfather
John Calvin Cook in his Civil War uniform.
This is my grandaddy.
Eldon Laman in his US Army WWII uniform.
He was drafted when he was 17 or 18.
The Laman men have always been Military men---
and always will be ;o) 

I caught myself laughing at some of the names in
the Laman family lineage...some of them are pretty are wierd!

Just to give a few examples:

Ladies' names:
Tennessee Laman
Lovie Lewis
Cenia Laman
Vandera Laman
Cordie May Laman
Jarmie Laman

Men's names:
Byron Coop Laman
Lilburn Laman
Hix Laman
Osborne Laman
Ewell Laman
Olgor Laman
Leasle Laman
Obie Lawrence Laman
Finis Garrett Laman

Men? Women? Who knows?
Lurlie Laman
Tollie Laman
Dixie Laman

Not to mention the 3 men named 'George Washington Laman'...;o)

So, if any of you ladies are in the market for a baby name...
maybe one of these will catch your eye. lol

1 comment:

Becka said...

Ok, so for a min, I thought you was showing my family,haha,Some of our old photos look like those,
well for the babay names now Im not to sure about,jk!lol
we should start a history week with us bloggers ,that would be so fun :)