We survived church camp!
That first night, as I was trying to sleep...a thought crossed
my mind....Do I even like church camp?!
The homemade wooden, squeaky bunkbeds with the foam
mattresses---not to mention the plastic liners...~just incase
I wet the bed (*wink)
It's hard enough to get any sleep as it is...but then my mind
wonders...what if the person above me wets the bed...is it
going to run down the sides and drip into my bed? Onto me...
while I'm asleep?!? How early do I have to get up to get a
hot or even luke warm shower? Why are these people in the
bunk next to me up at 3 a.m. playing cards?! Why is
this lady in the bunk next to me snoring?!~lol Would the
man selling earplugs in the men's dorn 'just happen' to be
outside right now??
But--by the end of the week I was reminded why I go to
church camp...and why I'm already looking forrward to next
year!
I guess-It's sortof a LOVE/HATE relationship---
I love the worship services in the tabernacle! A few nights, the
presence of God was so thick you could barely breathe! Words
could never describe it...
I love to see the youth praise God and not care who
is watching!
I love to see folks run the aisles and praise God!
I love the 'old time' camp meeting feeling.
I love the atmosphere.
It's awesome how God blesses! Especially inspite of us!
So...I guess I really do love church camp...(most of it anyway) ;o)
If your church is looking for a good Independent Baptist, King
James only church camp to go to...look-up Arbanna Baptist
Church in Mountain View Arkansas-
We had 3 saved from our youth group~Praise God for that!
Well~Just wanted to share a few dozen pictures with ya!
Enjoy!
I took about 350pictures during the week...aren't you glad I
didn't share them all? ;o)
Go HERE to see pictures from last year's church camp!





























3 comments:
looks like you had a blast... :)
Aw man, just looking at those pictures makes me want to go back!!! Even if we did lose an awful lot of sleep...
I love all those pictures. I know exactly what you mean about the love/hate relationship. It is so worth it afterward. What a great group of kids!
Post a Comment