CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 31, 2010

TOOT!

I'm usually not one to 'toot' my own horn ;o)
but today...I think I'm gonna!

My dryer has been making a loud,
extremely high pitched, screeching noise..
..It was so loud that it could be heard
from the mailbox!

Call me stubborn...but I wasn't about to call a
repair man like I did when the washer was messing
up...just to have him work on it for 5 minutes and
then charge me $125 bucks to do something
I could have done myself...well, atleast
not without giving it a good try!

Well~to make a long, boring story short ;o) I
googled it, found the piece and fixed it!

BUT...I didn't realize that the part that needed
fixing was in the very back of the dryer and I
would have to take the entire dryer apart~I
mean the whole dadgum thing!...who
designs these things??
This is how I remember how things go back
together...I snap a quick picture to remind me 
(I would have never remembered how to put
it back together if I hadn't)
AND can you believe that horrible noise that was
coming from the dryer was from a tiny metal
ball smaller than a green pea!

And it only cost me $14 to fix it!

So~TOOT TOOT!
My hubby better appreciate it!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm glad I know who to call if mine ever messes up:0)

Hilary said...

Wow!! You go :)

Christy said...

that is so awesome! You go! I would never have tried that... I would have called on my hubby to try and figure it out!

Kristy... said...

I would be tooting my own horn as well~ GREAT JOB!

Courtney said...

That is so something Mama would do! Hahaha!She likes to fix things herself, too.

Jen said...

I'm super impressed! Taking the whole dryer apart would have totally intimidated me. I would have been on the phone calling a repairman in a nano-second.

Congratulations!