It's been a while since I have updated on dad.
The main reason is because I don't really know anything.
It's almost as if mom is trying to spare me any heartache
by keeping it from me...
Mom text me last night to let me know that they are headed
back to Texas...dad has a dr's appointment Wed. They
were not scheduled to go back for a couple more weeks.
(Up until about a 3 weeks ago they had been in Texas
since about April or May.) I have probably only seen them
about 2 hours combined time since then...if that much.
When I asked mom why they were going back, she told me
that dad said that if the dr's do not do something different
he will not last much longer.
Mom text me last night to let me know that they are headed
back to Texas...dad has a dr's appointment Wed. They
were not scheduled to go back for a couple more weeks.
(Up until about a 3 weeks ago they had been in Texas
since about April or May.) I have probably only seen them
about 2 hours combined time since then...if that much.
When I asked mom why they were going back, she told me
that dad said that if the dr's do not do something different
he will not last much longer.
I don't really know what to say...I have written, deleted and
rewritten this post at least a dozen times. Each time it gets
smaller and smaller and details get left out. Especially the
parts that make me seem like less than a super hero.
The last I heard...dad has 3 types of cancer. They are rapidly
aggressing and are incureable. I could go on about what little
I do know that dad is going through, but I had rather not.
If you have ever lost enyone from cancer then you know...
If you haven't, then I will pray that you never have to know.
rewritten this post at least a dozen times. Each time it gets
smaller and smaller and details get left out. Especially the
parts that make me seem like less than a super hero.
The last I heard...dad has 3 types of cancer. They are rapidly
aggressing and are incureable. I could go on about what little
I do know that dad is going through, but I had rather not.
If you have ever lost enyone from cancer then you know...
If you haven't, then I will pray that you never have to know.
Please pray for dad....and mom.
I know that God can heal him...I believe that with all of
my heart....but I also believe that it may not be God's
will for him to be healed. Mom is holding fast to
believing that God is going to heal him...
will for him to be healed. Mom is holding fast to
believing that God is going to heal him...
And He may...He just may...
...but knowing that He may not...makes me
feel like I have little faith...
I know that he will be healed either way...
and so much better off to go on home to Glory...
I am glad I can say that...there are many who
cannot say that about their dad...I'm thankful I can. I know
he is saved and the moment he takes his last breath
here on Earth he will take his next breath in Heaven.
...but knowing that He may not...makes me
feel like I have little faith...
I know that he will be healed either way...
and so much better off to go on home to Glory...
I am glad I can say that...there are many who
cannot say that about their dad...I'm thankful I can. I know
he is saved and the moment he takes his last breath
here on Earth he will take his next breath in Heaven.
We will give God the glory either way...
Thank you for praying~
8 comments:
I will lift your family up in prayer.
Thank you for saying, "...but knowing that He may not...makes me
feel like I have little faith..." I often feel this way, but have never known exactly what to do with it. Knowing that someone else feels it is helpful somehow. Usually I just keep thinking "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief."
Will you get to see your dad soon?
I'm sorry, Mrs. Tracy. I can't imagine anyone in my family being that sick, and being worried about losing them...I'm praying for y'all.
I'll be praying for everyone..so sorry to hear this Tracy! My heart goes out to you....
OH Tracy... I am so saddened to hear that. Often I have thought about your dad and have prayed for him.
I can't imagine the pain that he is going through especially if it has gotten to the point that he is saying I need to go now otherwise not much time is left. I will be praying for you to have some quality time with him before he is welcomed into GLORY, my grandfather will be there to invite him in (congestive heart failure). I do know that faith, your faith, whether BIG or small, is faith enough to go to the Father. He just askes that we have faith... he didn't measure it and say if you have this much or that much... just faith... and you have that girl. Rest in knowing GOD holds your father... He is there for you and your family.
My prayers go out to the Father right now, and will continue today all day.
By the way.. where you are going in NC... isn't close to me at all... too bad, I was hoping we could meet for lunch!
God Bless
I am so sorry Tracy. I know it hurts so much to see a parent go through what your dad is going through no matter how old you are.
You and your parents are always in my prayers. We love you.
In our busyness at church, I may forget to say something. So, I will say it now....
I have lost many to cancer and it never gets easier. That being said, none have been a father figure. That, in itself, makes it an entirely different category, doesn't it?
Know that your family is in our prayers.
((hugs))
I wish so bad right now ,that I was your friend & could be with you through this, I'm hurting for you...
I still have both my mom & dad,
so I cant say I know what you are going through,
But a few loved ones of mine have passed away from cancer,its very sad what they had to go through,
I wish so bad I knew what to say,
I do love you & I'm praying!!
right now,
I'm so sorry Tracy, I know what you are going through. I lost my dad to cancer 3 years ago. I am in tears now just reading your pain. It does hurt, but to think of them in Heaven does bring comfort. When my dad passed, I just have this vision of he and my grandparents just sitting around chatting, fishing, gardening all things he loved to do. :) Thinking like that makes it better. :) One day we will see them all again.
Praying for you all!
Love ya,
Jeri
Post a Comment