CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 20, 2009

~Not That Kind of Girl~

As Kayla & I were leaving the grocery store today....we
were met at the door by a little girl and her mother taking
up donations for her beauty pageant fees.

Beauty pageant fees?

Seriously!

Now...if your child is actually in NEED of something...sure?
I would love to help out...but beauty pageant fees?

Anyway...

She was commenting on how pretty she thought Kayla was and
then she started asking if Kayla would like to be in the pageant....
she knew how to get her signed up if she was interested.

So...I asked Kayla....
(which is hilarious to any one who really knows
her because she is sooo not a girly girl)

"Kayla....would you like to be in a beauty pageant?"

While rolling her eyes with an 'I can't believe you just asked
me that look on her face' she replied,

"No...I'm not that kind of girl."

?
I wasn't sure what she meant by that so I asked her...

"What kind-of girl is that?"

"You know....
The kind of girl that wouldn't touch a bug if their life depended on it."

She is so funny!

9 comments:

A Day In Our Household. said...

LOL that is too funny!! No Kayla is sooo not that kind of girl!! I went to a yard sale this weekend and they were taking up donations for a little girl in a pageant too. I thought the same way you did tho and did NOT donate.

Joan said...

That was cute. In this economy, I can think of much better and worthy causes to give my money to.

Blessings

Courtney said...

I HATE bugs, but the only reason I would watch a beauty pageant would be to laugh at the poor girls on stage with twenty layers of makeup and crazy dresses. Have to agree with Kayla on that one.

Nina in Portugal said...

Your kayla is the kind of girl I'd like to raise any day!! She's my kind of girl!!

That Pageant girl is going to try to get through life on her looks, while asking everyone else to pay for it as she goes.....she has a sad life ahead of her. Shame on her mom.

If pageants cost so much you have to raise money to be in them.....folks have a screw loose...I'm telling ya...

Christy said...

That is great... it is so great to hear that she knows who she is. I see too many girls today that just go with the flow and do whatever someone else wants to do because they aren't at all confident in who they are. I loved the response she gave! Amen sista!

Hilary said...

wow!!! You have got to be kidding me there are people starving in the world and she wants donations for a beauty pageant?! Thankfully Kayla is my kind of gal too :)

SAYDA said...

That is such a cute story. She reminds me so much of my Aubrey. Bree, her older sister cheered for 5 years and was the co-captain her junior year and captain her senior year.The other day I told Bree, "You need to start helping Aubrey with her cheer technique so that she can try out for cheer leading when she gets to the junior high.I wish you could have seen Aubrey's face. She also rolled her eyes at me and said, "I don't think so."

twin power mommy ♥ said...

I always thought it would have been cool to be in a pageant...that was before i had Christ in my life and realized that no amount of winnings in a silly pageant would validate me.

As a kid, i was fed the whole beauty thing and i so desperately wanted to be the MOST....BEAUTIFUL...GIRL...IN DA WORLD!
My dad made me feel like beauty was so important.

I am always trying to let me girls know that, while they ARE beautiful, they need to have Christ as their center, and beauty isn't all that matters. If you have an ugly "inside" you are not worth anything.

I wanna give Kayla a hug for her answer. Her mama is raising her up well!

Sandy said...

That is priceless what Kayla said.
About the donations, I've often wondered if the one who collected the most money wins.